Name:
Location: Pantego, Texas, United States

Friday, May 26, 2006

I went and renewed my driver's license this morning. I had to show my social security card to renew the driver's license. I didn't have any trouble with the eye test. I don't know if showing the social security card was because of the illegal alien thing or not. I don't recall having to do that before. The guys in line with me were interesting. The first guy was an Oriental who spoke English pretty well. They told him he would have to produce a valid visa to get a license. The lady at the desk went and got some info for him on where to go to get the visa. The next guy was black. They told him he had a suspended license in another state (I guess they could determine that from the SS No.), and he had to clear that up before he could get a license in Texas. They provided him with info on how to proceed. The guy behind me was a very old Vietnamese and couldn't speak much English, but said he was a citizen. I helped him fill out his paperwork. He had his name and address written on a piece of paper. All-in-all the DL bureau appeared to be an efficient operation and the people were much friendler than most would expect from a government bureaucracy.

2 Comments:

Blogger -bRad said...

you just reminded me that I need to get my license updated. Since I had my LASIK I no longer need corrective vision to drive. :-)

1:54 PM  
Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

I am here to tell you that the people of Texas are the nicest, most polite people on Earth. Even your DMV is a haven of helpfulness. Our DMV here in California is HELL, filled with zombies and staffed by monsters and ogresses.

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home