Name:
Location: Pantego, Texas, United States

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Here is something I got from Mark Steyn's blog. This happened in New Zealand:

What tickled the self-described "one-man global content provider" had been Mr O'Connor's response to the inevitable point that burka-shrouded drivers are part of an important cultural tradition. Mr Steyn had been impressed by the police representative's argument "that if your cultural tradition is that you wear a burka then maybe your cultural tradition shouldn't extend to driving an automobile, which I thought got to a very good point.

I think this is a good response to the Muslim women who want to wear a veil in their driver's license photo. (Muslim countries don't allow women to drive cars, so why should we allow Muslim women to drive since it is not part of their culture.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Robert W. said...

James,

I agree with you wholeheartedly!

Robert

11:03 PM  
Blogger -bRad said...

I completely agree with this. I also have difficulty with the whole "transgender" folks that are getting sex changes. They are fighting to have their D.L. incdicate that they are female, or male, before their operations are complete.

Excuse me? I thought it was illegal to falisfy information on your D.L. If I am a guy, and have not had "the change" yet isn't that falsifing information?

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home