Name:
Location: Pantego, Texas, United States

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

This was my day for medical checkups.

First I went for a nuclear stress test, the first one since right after my heart attack. The waiver I had to sign said there is one chance in 10,000 of dying during the test. I guess those odds are not too bad. I did have one friend who had a heart attack during the test and died the next day as I recall. The first time I did it you had to lay on a 2 X 4 for 45 minutes while a slow moving camera takes photos of the heart, then exercize while some nuclear substance is injected into the blood, then do the 45 minute photo thing again. The equipment is better now; the tray you lie on is more comfortable, and the photo taking is over in 15 minutes now. It still took all morning.

Then I went to have my recent skin cancer surgery checked on. The doctor found two more spots. Skin cancer is one of the hazards for someone of Irish descent living in Texas. I wonder what the chances are of dying of old age before heart trouble or cancer gets me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home