Name:
Location: Pantego, Texas, United States

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The furor over recent comments by Don Imus is interesting. He made racist remarks, so critics want him fired. I thought he was mostly liberal, though this may not be true since I turned him off after a few minutes the only time I ever listened to his show because all he talked about was how high his ratings are, and how great he is. (I turned off Limbaugh and Stern after a few minutes for the same reason.) I seriously worry about the intelligence of people who listen to Imus, Stern, and Rosie O'Donnell, and that they have such a wide audience is depressing.

Rosie recently said some things that were incorrect (eg, steel buildings won't collapse in a fire) and things that offend me (eg, the US government was behind the 911 attacks, Christians are more of a threat to the US than radical Islamists, and Bush was behind the capture of 15 British sailors by Iran). Liberals say Rosie has freedom of speech, so can say whatever she likes and should not be fired. Why do liberals not apply this to Imus (a guy I don't like). What Rosie said was more offensive to me than what Imus said. After all, black rappers say worse things about black women than what Imus said, and liberals don't seem to be offended by it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home