Name:
Location: Pantego, Texas, United States

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I don't understand this"we're all immigrants" stuff. I have one great- grandmother who came from Ireland as a child in 1854. All of my other ancestors were in the US in 1776, so they were here when the US was born. One of my great-great-grandmothers was a Cherokee, but I suppose you could say that even that group immigrated 10,000 years ago. I just don't think there is anything useful about saying that America is a nation of immigrants. This seems to imply, as I once heard a Hispanic Congressman say on C-Span, that everyone in the world has a constitutional right to come to the United States. If that is true, we need to make a change since it is obvious that we cannot support everyone in the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home