Name:
Location: Pantego, Texas, United States

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Steve Sailer's blog today has an interesting table that indicates IQ of college students in various majors based on GRE scores.

http://www.isteve.com/

Mechanical engineers are fairly high with an average IQ of 126. They are better at math than verbal skills, as would be expected. I recall that I was an anomaly because I was better in verbal than in math, but was better than average in math. This table pretty much matches what I have read before, which is that most medical doctors, lawyers, and engineers have an IQ of around 120 or more, and that it takes an IQ of about 106 to graduate from college in any field. (Not in this table, but data I have seen indicates that it takes an IQ of about 87 to master high school work.)

I recently heard Hillary Clinton say in a speech that she wanted all children to go to college. But since the average IQ of the population is about 100, less than half of the people can master college work. It was not clear from her remarks how she planned to deal with this reality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home