Name:
Location: Pantego, Texas, United States

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Here is a direct quote from Barack Obama,

“Instead of worrying about whether immigrants can learnEnglish - they’ll learn English - you need to make sure your child can speak Spanish.”

That doesn't make me want to support Obama. Of course, McCain is no better in this regard. I saw him say something to the effect that Spanish was the language in Arizona before Americans got there. (I would take issue with McCain, and point out the some form of Apache was more widely spoken than Spanish, though by 1845 many of the Apaches could speak some Spanish. But, just as in Texas, Spanish was never the language of the majority of residents.)

I am in some despair with both McCain and Obama in their appeals to LULAC. I don't like the idea that such a racist group may actually be deciding who the next President of the US will be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home