Name:
Location: Pantego, Texas, United States

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Obama had a meeting with House Democrats Tuesday night. Apparently the meeting was not recorded, but there are reports on what Obama said that have not been disputed. Democrat spinners do say the quotes need to be put into context. Here are the controversial quotes: "This is the moment, as Nancy [Pelosi} noted, that the world has been waiting for." And, "I have become a symbol of the possibility of America returning to our best traditions." I would like to see how those comments could be put into a context that would not still give the impression that Obama is full of himself. The guy does appear to have a messianic complex. These comments fit in with some of his early comments such as "We are what we have been waiting for." I'm just a "typical clueless white person" so I have no idea what that means. I can't help but note the use of a royal "we." I guess he believes that he is, as Maureen Dowd says, the Prince of Chicago. I note that others beside me have observed that he is acting like he is the President of the US without going through the formality of the election. I have read that he wants the Democrats to nominate him by acclimation at the convention, rather than having a vote, so I suppose it is not surprising that he wants the media to make him President by acclimation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home