Name:
Location: Pantego, Texas, United States

Friday, August 15, 2008

I wonder how much Russia's actions are influenced by the assumption that Barack Obama is going to become President of the US next year and the conservative George Bush will be gone. Why would Russians think that Obama will let them do as they wish without interference? Maybe they saw the video that can be seen on video at Powerline (and has been around for a while) in which Obama spells out his approach to national defense as follows:

I will cut investments in unproven missile defense systems...

...I will not weaponize space...

...I will slow development of future combat systems...

...and I will institute an independent "Defense Priorities Board" to ensure the quadrennial defense review is not used to justify unnecessary spending...

...I will set a goal of a world without nuclear weapons...

...and to seek that goal, I will not develop nuclear weapons...

...I will seek a global ban on the production of fissile material...

...and I will negotiate with Russia to take our ICBMs off hair-trigger alert...

...and to achieve deep cuts in our nuclear arsenals...


I wonder if the unproven missile defense system is the one we are deploying in Poland? If so, the Russians will no doubt want Obama to be elected President. I suppose the ban on fissile material would mean that nuclear power plants would have to be taken out of service. That might be tough since France and Japan get most of their electricity from nuclear power, and the US gets 20%. It is clear that President Obama would disarm the US. He won't get my vote, but he may win since we have a lot of citizens who seem to favor national suicide.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home