Name:
Location: Pantego, Texas, United States

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I keep seeing people criticizing President Bush for engaging in an "optional" war in Iraq. It seems lost on them that all wars are optional. A nation can always avoid war by surrendering to their enemies. I recall during WWII there were friends of my parents who thought it was wrong of the US to fight Japan and Germany. Some of them felt strongly that we should just let Japan do whatever they liked to people in the Pacific. I recall another guy who said he thought we should fight Germany when their troops were invading Texas from Mexico. I can understand that some people may think that invading Iraq did not advance the cause of security in the US. I think those who disagree should at least acknowledge that a case can be made for President Bush's position. That the Muslim's are barbarians opposed to all democracy and the civilized world. And that they work together against our interests, and that offensive action is an effective form of defense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home