Name:
Location: Pantego, Texas, United States

Saturday, February 07, 2009

Every four (or eight) years there is a lot of controversy as the Senate seeks to confirm the new President's Cabinet appointments. A lot of the appointees (particularly Democrats) are revealed to have some sort of ethical issues. Often taxes are the issue. I have often thought it would have been fun to be nominated for one of those positions to see what the politicians could have found to use against me. I can't think of anything in my past that could be used against me, but, I suspect that most of Obama's appointees couldn't either. One area where possibly no one could stand close scrutiny is in the income tax area. I actually think I over-pay income tax; that I give the benefit of the doubt to the IRS. But the tax code is so many hundreds of pages, and the language so arcane, that probably some error could be found in any one's tax return.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home