Name:
Location: Pantego, Texas, United States

Friday, August 18, 2006

Mike Wallace had an interview with Iranian President Ahmadinejad, and was very impressed by him. I read a transcript of the interview. Mike didn't ask many tough questions. I wonder if he recalls how reporters were impressed by Hitler in interviews back in the 1930's. Probably not. Mike doesn't have a very good memory it seems. I saw him once on 60 Minutes when he expressed amazement on learning that President Roosevelt had violated the will of Congress by supplying arms to the British in 1939. It seems to me that no attention should be paid to a reporter that is that ignorant.

But, I really lost respect for Wallace about 20 years ago when I saw he and Peter Jennings interviewed and they said that if they were covering a war, and knew that American soldiers were about be ambushed, they would not give warning. They argued that reporters are impartial and should not take sides, etc. As far as I'm concerned, if they are not supporting America I should not wate time listening to them. I never watched Wallace or Jennings after that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home