Name:
Location: Pantego, Texas, United States

Friday, April 13, 2007

It is funny how the news media beat to death some minor events, like Anna Nicole Smith's life and times and Dom Imus's comments about Rutgers basketball players. The Imus thing got me to wondering where he picked up the word "ho." He is almost as old as me, and I had never heard that until fairly recently. OK, I'll admit, I never listened to rap (music?). I was talking with some young people about how I liked hot water cornbread, especially some I had in a cafe in Tennesse, but generally didn't get it because no one knew how to make it like my Grandmother did. The young people said they had never heard of hot water cornbread, and asked what was it. I said basically it was a hoecake. That caused a lot of laughter, and I found out what a "ho" is. The young folks didn't know what a hoe is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home