Name:
Location: Pantego, Texas, United States

Thursday, April 19, 2007

There's a lot of discussion about guns and gun control in the wake of the massacre at Virginia Tech on Monday. I recall that when I was in college back in the mid-50's a lot of guys had guns. There were a lot of rifles and shotguns in car trunks, and several guys had pistols in their car. I remember going up to one guys room to look at a German P-38 (the 9 mm pistol that replaced the Luger in the German army) that his Dad had brought home from the WWII. (His Dad had recently died, which was why he had the gun.) While I was in school I never heard of a student being shot or shooting anyone, or even threatening anyone with a gun or any other weapon for that matter. Something is different now, and I don't think it is the presence of guns. In some ways it was better back in the fifties.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home