Name:
Location: Pantego, Texas, United States

Thursday, August 30, 2007

After reading about Senator Craig, it appears one should be careful when in a public restroom. I think I'll try to get in and out as quickly as possible, without looking around. I do wonder about a police Department that stations undercover officers in restrooms. Is that the best application for limited manpower? It seems unlikely to me that there is not more important work for detectives. For example, while waiting on a flight I recall a guy asking me to watch his bag while he went to the restroom. I thought that was odd since I would have just taken my bag with me. Now, after reading about Senator Craig, I learn that taking the bag with me could be mis-interpreted.

Republicans are naturally calling for Senator Craig to resign. If he were a Democrat, the Dems would rally around him. Apparently the Dems don't mind some flaws in their members. Tom Delay had to go when charged with something that may not have been illegal; the prosecutor says he knows there is a piece of paper that proves Delay is guilty, and he is still trying to find it. On the other hand Murtha, the unindicted co-conspirator, is still a leader of his party. And William Jefferson took money from the FBI in a sting, and his constituents in the dysfunctional city of New Orleans re-elected him. That is good enough for Dems.

Some are saying that Senator Craig is a hypocrite because he opposes Gay marriage. I don't understand that position, because I doubt that guys cruising public bathrooms have marriage in mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home