Name:
Location: Pantego, Texas, United States

Thursday, January 03, 2008

I had my three week check-up at the surgeon's office this morning. Actual experiences with Doctors are not like what is seen on TV programs. Doctors are almost never seen, and then only briefly. So, as usual, today I was worked on by the Physician's Assistants (PA's). I had a bit of swelling in my right leg where the vein used in the coronary bypass was taken from. THey squeezed some old blood out, and told me to continue to elevate my right foot for about an hour three times a day. My vital signs were all good. I have been walking a mile three times a day. They told me that is too much exercize, and to cut back some. I have lost 17 lbs since the surgery on 11 December, but it turns out that is expected, with the average loss at about 20 lbs. Food still tastes terrible to me. They explained that this is normal, and that taste usually returns in another month or so, though it takes longer for some people. Most food tastes like cardboard. If my taste buds don't recover, that will solve my weight problem. Next week I visit the cardiologist to get a long-term treatment plan. To a large extent that depends on what my insurance will pay for. I am able to drive now, but am not supposed to lift anything weighing over 8 lbs until 11 March. After that I can start practicing pitching and putting golf, but still no full swings. Sitting around waiting to get well is really boring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home