Name:
Location: Pantego, Texas, United States

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Patrick Moore, the co-founder and leader of Greenpeace for 15 years, gives his reason for leaving the organization.

That's why I left Greenpeace: I could see that my fellow directors, none of whom had any science education, were starting to deal with issues around chemicals and biology and genetics, which they had no formal training in, and they were taking the organization into what I call "pop environmentalism," which uses sensationalism, misinformation, fear tactics, etc., to deal with people on an emotional level rather than an intellectual level.

Moore identifies precisely the problem I have with the environmental movement. It appears to me that those supportting the global warming hypothesis have the problem of not wanting to deal with the issue on an intellectual level, even the ones with scientific credentials.

Moore is now an advocate of nuclear power, which is much more cost-effective than wind or solar power. It is safe, and with modern technology, produces little radioactive waste.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home