Name:
Location: Pantego, Texas, United States

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Today I was was working out at cardiac rehab they had Fox News on the TV. A lady identified as a Democratic Party strategist was defending the Obama campaign against the consevative commentators assertions that Obama's tax and regulatory policies would harm the US economy. The lady's defense was novel; she said he wouldn't actually do what he is saying as he campaigns because he understands how destructive those policies would be. She said he is simply pandering for votes now, and what he will actually do will be different from what he says. My concern is that I think what he actually believes is worse than what he is saying. Yesterday on MSNBC I saw one of the Democratic Party commentators say that Obama would not push his Marxist (my characterization) ideas because he will want to get re-elected. I don't think I want a President who is a Marxist (Obama) or a fascist (Hillary), even if political considerations such as the desire to get re-elected prevent them from doing what they would like to do. McCain may be a little better because he doesn't seem to have any strong philosophical beliefs except to defend the country.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home