Name:
Location: Pantego, Texas, United States

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I haven't paid much attention to the Obama long form birth certificate issue. I know his Kenyan grandmother said he was born in Kenya. (I wonder if she has now changed her story.) I thought that surely the Democrats would have vetted Obama well enough to verify that he was actually born in the US. But, it is curious that when the lawsuits started being filed that Obama didn't just produce the long form birth certificate identifying the doctor who delivered him and the hospital he was born in as opposed to the short form version that doesn't definitively prove that he was born in Hawaii. For one thing, I couldn't think of any reason why his Mother and American grandparents would have bothered to get a short form birth certificate for him if he was actually born in Kenya; surely they wouldn't have been thinking that he might run for President some day. Here is an article about one of the lawsuits I had not previously heard about that gives a plausible reason: they may have been concerned about child custody in a divorce case that I can imagine they were likely expecting. The reason I have never thought about this much is that I have confidence that an organization with the ballot-box stuffing abilities of the Democrats would be able to forge a long form birth certificate if necessary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home