Name:
Location: Pantego, Texas, United States

Saturday, September 12, 2009

John Updike was a thoughtful liberal, and a true intellectual. There is a lot of difference in him and most leftists. Here from neo neocon is an article about Updike's view of war. Maybe I like his view because it matches my own. I was concerned about Bush's war with Saddam because I thought the ensuing guerrilla war would last for years, but I understood that he was attempting to avoid a wider and far more destructive war. I am sad now because I think Obama is stumbling toward that wider, more destructive war. Our enemies are more likely to attack us when we appear to have a weak leader than when we have a strong leader. It would have been better to cut down Hitler before he gained strength. The same applied to Iraq and applies to Iran.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home