Name:
Location: Pantego, Texas, United States

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

OneCosmos has some interesting discussion about Friedrich Hayek's masterpiece The Road to Serfdom, and fascism. I like the Sgt Friday video at the end of the piece. I think that Obama's philosophy is Marxist. But, like Mussolini before him, he realizes that total destruction of society as communism requires (and was carried out in Russia by Lenin and Stalin, in China by Mao, and in Cuba by Castro) is not a good idea, and co-opting control of the means of production works better than taking ownership by force. I think Obama is attempting to put us on the road to serfdom. (It has been a long time since I read Hayek's book. I recommend that everyone read it. It is still timely even though it was written 65 years ago.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home