Name:
Location: Pantego, Texas, United States

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I have observed that the police are working overtime writing tickets around my home. That seems to happen every time the country has economic hard times. When income for municipalities starts to dry up, they look for other ways to raise revenue, and writing traffic tickets is a quick fix. I saw an anchor on Fox Business comment on this same thing; he has also observed that more traffic tickets are being written. I also saw an article today about the duration the yellow caution light is on at traffic lights has been reduced so that more tickets are sent out by the camera systems. It would be interesting to see if the enhanced enforcement of traffic laws reduces accidents. It would seem to me that reducing the time the yellow caution light is on might cause more accidents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home