Name:
Location: Pantego, Texas, United States

Thursday, April 16, 2009

I had lunch with my son today, and we discussed the so-called tea party events that were held yesterday. Based on his reaction, I think the Democrats do not understand what this was all about. (I don't know about Republican leaders since the media doesn't even bother to get their views any more.) I don't think the protests were about taxes as much as being against the nanny state that Obama is trying to foist on us. Nancy Pelosi completely misses the point when she says that the protests were organized by rich folks who don't want their taxes to go up. She seems unaware that most rich people supported Obama, and say that they would like to have their taxes increased. (Warren Buffett and Bill Gates say that, and I see a lot of very rich guys whose names I don't recall on TV who say it.) A lot of relatively poor people just do not like the government telling them what to do; it is not all about taxes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home