Name:
Location: Pantego, Texas, United States

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Today I talked to a Democrat from Maine who said he originally supported Hillary, but now thinks Obama is the one to save us from the evil wrought by Bush. He mentioned the dumb deregulation policies of Bush. I said I didn't recall Bush deregulation of anything, so which ones caused the problem. He said he knew Texans liked Bush, but Bush was the dumbest man ever to be President. I said that it appeared to me that Democrats had as much to do with the financial situation as Bush. The Democrat geniuses from the Clinton Administration like Robert Rubin, Franklin Raines, Barney Frank and Jamie Gorelick had more to financial institutions increasing their leverage to ridiculous heights than Bush did, and in fact, Bush tried to stop them. He said Bush was too dumb to prevent the excesses. It always amazes me how well all Democrats all know the talking points. I still haven't found a Democrat who can tell me exactly what Bush deregulated that caused the problem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home